Electronic Newsletters & Journals:
- Revista Iberoamericana de Micología
Taxonomy and Nomenclature Related Glossaries and Sites:
- Bryological Glossary, Missouri Botanical Garden
- A Cumulative Checklist for the Lichen-forming, Lichenicolous and Allied Fungi of the Continental U.S. and Canada by Theodore L. Esslinger
- Index of Fungi
- Indices Nominum Supragenericorum Plantarum Vascularium
Fungi and unrelated fungal-like organisms:
- Family Name Database This is a list of fungal family names with nomenclatural and bibliographic information.
- Authors of Fungal Names
- IndexFungorum; aka funindex
- Bibliography of Systematic Mycology
- Dictionary of the Fungi
- Species 2000
- The Fifth Kingdom "the web's most diverse and
profusely illustrated mycological site".
Introduction to the Fungi
- Tom Volk's Fungi from the Department of Biology,
University of Wisconsin-La Crosse.
- Introductory Mycology
by Dr. Joey Spatafora of the Dept. of Botany & Plant Pathology, Oregon State University.
Introduction to Plant Pathology: Plant Pathology -- In the Public Interest
by the Department of Plant Pathology, University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- Fungi Images on the Net
- Mycological Resources on the Internet Mycological Society of America.
Hypomyces Home Page
- DALI: Database of
- UCMP's Introduction to the "Slime Molds"
- Forest Fungi [and slime molds] of New Zealand
Introduction to the Sagenista: Bicoecids and Slime Nets
Oomycetes: water molds and downy mildews
- UCMP's Introduction to the Oomycota
Plasmodiophorid Home Page of the Department of Environmental and Plant Biology, Ohio University, Athens, GA
Lichens: symbiotic associations between fungi and green algae and/or cyanobacteria
Identifying North American Lichens: A Guide To The
- UCMP's Introduction to Lichens: An Alliance Between Kingdoms
- Fun with Lichens from Oregon State University
- World of Lichenology by Clifford Smith of the University of Hawai'i-Manoa
- LIAS: a DELTA-based determination and data storage system for LIchenized and lichenicolous AScomycetes
- Epiphytes and Forest Management
- Recent Literature on Lichens
Mycorrhizae: symbiotic associations between fungi and plant roots
- Mycorrhiza Information Exchange's Mycorrhizal Symbioses
Bryophytes: mosses, liverworts, and hornworts
Bryophytes, in general
- Southern Illinois University at Carbondale's Bryophytes
- UCMP's Introduction to the Bryophyta: The Mosses
- Moss Flora of China
- UCMP's Introduction to the Anthocerotophyta: The Hornworts
Green Algae: relatives of the bryophytes and other plants
- UCMP's Introduction to the "Green Algae"
- Chlorophyta (Green Algae) by the Dept. of Botany, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution
Chromistans (the stramenopiles): diatoms, kelp, water molds, slime nets, coccolithophorids, bicoeceans, silicoflagellates, and golden, brown, and yellow green algae, etc.
Chromista, in general
- UCMP's Introduction to the Chromista
- Phaeophyta (Brown Algae) by the Dept. of Botany, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution
- Bowling Green State University's Center for Algal Microscopy and Image Digitization: diatom images and algal links
Dinoflagellates (often photosynthetic/algal alveolates)
- UCMP's Introduction to the Dinoflagellata
- Dinophyta (Dinoflagellates) by the Dept. of Botany, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution
- UCMP's Introduction to the Rhodophyta: the Red "Algae"
- Rhodophyta (Red Algae) by the Dept. of Botany, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution
- Seaweed Information Server
Some associations for those interested in cryptogams
- American Bryological and Lichenological Society
- Boston Mycological Club
- Morel Mushroom Hunter's Club
- Mycological Society of America
- North American Mycological Association
Other Cryptogamic Links:
- Mushrooms of Northeastern North America
- Personal Herbaria of Professor M.R.D. Seaward : covering bryophytes, flowering plants, ferns, lichens, fungi, microfungi (including lichenicolous fungi), seeds, and old microscope slides.
- The Registry of Mushrooms in Works of Art
Last updated February 2008. Send comments, corrections, or updates to:
Copyright 2008 by the President and Fellows of Harvard College