Contact Us | Harvard University Herbaria | HOLLIS
Library Collections |
Library Hours |
Archives Policies |
Material Duplication Information |
Plant List, 1880
South West Texas and New Mexico
- Folder 1: 'Palmer's Mexican Plants. Purchased in the market of Culican 1891"
- "Palmer's Colima Plants, 1897"
- "Dr. Edward Palmer's Mexican Compositae"
- "Plants collected in Mexico by Dr. Edward Palmer in 1897"
- printed sheet of location codes
- printed list of plants collected by Palmer south-west Chihuahua, Aug.-Nov., 1885.
- Folder 2: Palmer's field notes on Acapulco plants, Oct. 1894-Jan. 1895
- Folder 3: List of plants collected in S.W. Texas and N. Mexico, by Edward Palmer, 1880 -- for Dr. Gray
- lists of missing numbers
- D.C. Eaton's list of Palmer's Mexican ferns
- "Palmer's Tex - Mex Coll. 1880" -- notes in Gray's handwriting
- Folder 4: Plants of Durango, Mexico
- Folder 5: Plants of Florida
- Folder 6: Plants of Guadalajara
- Folder 7: Plants of Guaymas
- Folder 8: Lists of specimen, "much of this book is in Asa Gray's Handwriting"
BOX AN Field notes, 1896. Notes written in pencil on large sheets of newsprint paper and grouped into sections with the following titles:
- Folder 1: Mexico - Plants collected at Durango and vicinity April 1-8, 1896; dry season; 6207 feet above sea level; no. 1-30
- Folder 2: State of Durango Mexico - Plants collected at Samtiago Paspasquiaro; 120 miles wast of north from the city of Durango; elevation about 6700 ft.; April 11-15, 1896; dry season; no. 31-53
- Folder 3: Plants collected at Mina Tres Reyes (Three Kings Mine); 13 miles west from Santiago Papasquiaro, state of Durango, at an elevation of about 8200 ft.; April 16-19 inclusive, 1896; in the dry season; no. 54-89
- Folder 4: Mexico - Plants collected at Durango and vicinity, June 1-24, 1896; during dry season; no. 125-300; contains also no. 90
- Folder 5: Plants collected at Durango and Vicinity, July 1-25, 1896; in the rainy season; no. 301-391
- Folder 6: Plants collected at Santiago Papasquiro, state of Durango, Mexico, Aug. 1-11, 1896; rainy season; no. 392-472; later added 967-973
- Folder 7: Mexico. Plants collected at Durango and vicinity, August 14-31, 1896; rainy season; no. 473-556
- Folder 8: Plants collected at Durango and vicinity, Sept. 1896; rainy season; no. 557-743
- Folder 9: Plants collected at Durango and vicinity, Oct. 1-22, 1896; no. 744-770
- Folder 10: Mexico. Plants collected at Dos Cajetes; 30 miles nearly west from Durango on the Road to Utinapa; 8500 ft. elevation among pines and oaks; end of rainy season; Nov. 3-5, 1896; no. 771-834; Later numbers added: 951-956 and still later added 961 and 962. The latter is a fern you will [find] numbered 862 which change to 962
- Folder 11: Plants collected at Durango and vicinity; Nov. 8-10, 1896; end of rainy season; no. 835-873, also 880
- Folder 12: Mexico. Plants collected at Durango and vicinity - having mixed dates, 1896; marked there in mo. 883-950; also added from 957 to 960 and from 963 to 966; also 966 1/2
Click on the following links to get more information about our holings of Edward Palmer materials.
Collection Note, Provenence, and Scope & Content Notes.
Other Palmer materials in our collections
Back to Main Link Page
Scanned Edward Palmer Materials (From the Harvard University Open Collections Program Expeditions and Discoveries Site)
Send comments, corrections, or updates to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated September 2011
Copyright 2009 by the President and Fellows of Harvard College
Arnold Arboretum |