Farlow Reference Library of Cryptogamic Botany
GEORGE A. FISHER
Scope and Content:
This collection consists of one bound volume, which includes correspondence written to George A. Fisher and 24 small photographs. The letters are dated 1906 to 1933. Main correspondents include O. Kendall, W.A. Poyser, W. Pratt, and J.P. Wintringham. The majority of the photographs are of diatoms. Most letters deal with research on diatoms and microscopy, and arrangements to sell, buy, or exchange diatom samples.
The provenance of this collection is not known.
Container Listing: Box 1
- Letters from Sarah E. Fisher, 2 letters, 1931. Includes 2 photographs of the tomb of Abijah Richardson.
- Letters from Frank A. Hubbard, 2 letters, 1920-1921.
- Letters from O. Kendall, 10 letters, 1921. Includes 17 photographs of diatoms (seen through the microscope).
- Letter from Albert Mann, 1 letter, 1917.
- Letter from Edward Pennock, 1 letter, 1917.
- Letters from W.A. Poyser, from Aquatic Life, The Aquarium Magazine, Philadelphia, 7 letters, 1921-1922.
- Letters from Herman H. Pratt, 2 letters, 1919.
- Letters from William H. Pratt, 10 letters, 1906-1917.
- Letters from S.N.F. Sanford, 1 letter, 1933.
- Letters regarding William A. Terry, 1 letter.
- Letters from William B. Terry, 3 letters, 1915-1920.
- Letters from C.E. Thies, from Palo Company, Laboratory Supplies and Assayers Materials, New York, 4 letters, 1917.
- Letters from B. Welsh, 1 letter, 1918.
- Letters from Edward Wigglesworth, from Boston Society of Natural History, 2 letters, 1919.
- Letters from J.P. Wintringham, 32 letters, 1916-1922.
- Envelope labeled Old House Frane, Edith A. Symmes, 180 Seaver St., Stoughton, MA, 1921, with 5 photographs of house. Inside back cover of bound volume.
| Farlow Archives Page | Botany Libraries Home Page | Harvard University Herbaria Home Page |